Regular maintenance makes everything last longer. Think about it. You prevent cavities by maintaining a regular tooth brushing schedule. You prevent your car from breaking down with regular oil changes. An HVAC maintenance plan serves the same purpose. You can prevent breakdowns, and make the system last longer by taking care of it.
We take our air conditioning and heating systems for granted. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say. But regular maintenance can save you money in the long run, by preventing problems from occurring, and by catching problems while they’re still small issues instead of big money issues.
You, as a homeowner, can take care of the easiest HVAC maintenance task: Change your filters on a regular basis. Did you know a dirty filter can cause your air conditioning or heating system to burn out? Granted, the filter has to be pretty bad before that will happen. A dirty filter can also cause sneezing, coughing and congestion.
Consider upgrading from the cheapest one inch filters to the three inch filters for better quality air. Check the filter monthly with the thinner filters. The thicker filters can go for 2-3 months before you need to change them.
Consider an HVAC Maintenance Plan from Climatemp
Climatemp offers HVAC maintenance plans to customers throughout Mobile County and Baldwin County.
Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Check the refrigerant level and adjust if needed
- Check the base pan and drain – clear if needed
- Inspect coil and cabinet – clean if needed
- Inspect fan motor and blades
- Inspect control box, wiring and connections
- Inspect compressor
- Inspect and clean blower assembly
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines
- And more
Furnace and Heat Pump Maintenance
- Inspect for gas leak in gas furnaces
- Inspect burner assembly – clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect controls and wiring
While the HVAC System is Running
- Monitor system startup
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Locate source of unusual smells
- Check for correct temperature and airflow
- Monitor system for correct load volts/amps
- And more
Some of these system checks are done with the assistance of a programmable thermostat, but if you don’t have one, we can still perform all of the system checks, and make the necessary adjustments or repairs, after notifying you of any issues we have found.
If you would like to set up a maintenance plan for your HVAC system, call Climatemp today at 251-968-6006 to get on the spring schedule. We serve the air conditioning and heating needs of homeowners throughout Mobile County and Baldwin County, including Mobile, Gulf Shores, Saraland, Daphne and surrounding areas.